Commercial finance is often a key factor in the success of your business. It can help you grow, innovate and bridge cashflow gaps. In this article, we’ll explain what commercial finance is and how it can benefit your business in Northern Ireland.
What is commercial finance?
Commercial finance is a type of lending that helps businesses grow, innovate or bridge a cashflow gap. It’s not to be confused with asset finance, which is generally used to fund the purchase of equipment or machinery required by your business.
Commercial finance can help you take advantage of opportunities that arise during growth phases and support you in overcoming challenges you may experience on the way:
- Purchasing property or land to expand your operations – e.g. buying new premises
- Funding short-term working capital requirements – e.g. to cover fluctuations in overheads during a project, building capacity to deliver a new contract, or paying suppliers early with no penalty
How can commercial finance help my business?
Commercial finance can be used to fund growth, innovation, or take advantage of a timely opportunity such as an auction purchase.
Johnston Financial Solutions broker commercial credit for businesses across a large panel of alternative lenders. Commercial finance through alternative lenders or challenger banks is flexible and can provide you with the funds for projects which fall outside the risk profile of your existing bank or that you may not be able to get from other sources.
When might I need to apply for commercial finance in Northern Ireland?
If you want to grow your business and build a strong customer base, then commercial finance is the way to go.
With our expertise in commercial finance, we will manage every aspect of your application from initial consultation with Mark through to the drawdown of the funds into your bank account. This includes:
- Managing financial needs – We will assess your company’s current financial status before working out where the best funding solution can be sourced
- Helping with paperwork – We will build your business case to put to our panel of lenders
- Presenting the best case- We will present all available options on the table and enable you to make an informed choice
My business needs bridging finance
Bridging finance can be used for a variety of purposes, but it’s not a long-term solution. It’s ideal for businesses that need an immediate injection of cash and need to be able to access this in order to keep trading while they find a more permanent source. Bridging loans are generally short term and can provide funding quickly (usually within 24 hours).
Bridging finance is often used when there’s a gap between taking out another type of loan (such as a term loan) and being able to use the funds from that new loan on your business. For example, you may have agreed to buy a commercial property but are unable to raise a Term Loan as you have not yet been trading 2 years. Once you produce 2 years accounts you plan to revisit a Bank and repay the bridging facility with a Term Loan.
You may need commercial finance to help your business grow, innovate, or bridge a cashflow gap.
Commercial finance can help your business grow, innovate, or bridge a cashflow gap.
As an independent commercial credit broker we have experience with a range of commercial finance products and services to help you get the money you need for your business. If you need to fund an expansion or balance sheet restructuring, we can help with fast approvals and flexible terms – so contact us today!
Commercial finance can help you to grow. Using commercial finance for expansion, acquisition or new product development can allow your business to take advantage of opportunities as they arise. This may include:
- Funding the purchase of new premises at a better location that will help attract more customers
- Purchasing new software solutions and machinery that makes your business more efficient, saving money by reducing costs and improving productivity
- Funding the payroll costs for new staff for businesses experiencing rapid growth
- Investing in Research & Development to support strategic growth through innovation
Commercially focused challenger banks and alternative lenders are always on the lookout for new ways to help business clients who can offer them a return. If you’re thinking of applying for commercial finance, get in touch with one of our experts today. We can help you find the right loan or investment option for your business needs.
We understand that every business is unique. That is why we take the time to understand what is important to you. Let us help you find the perfect solution for your business. Call us on +44 7803312874
About Johnston Financial Solutions Limited
Johnston Financial Solutions is an independent credit broker of commercial finance in Northern Ireland. Improving access to finance from a diverse range of alternative funders such as mainstream banks, challenger banks, pension funders, and peer-to-peer lenders. To talk with Mark please click here